Enabling AutoSSL on WHM based Servers
Using Let’s Encrypt for enabling AutoSSL on WHM based Servers
In the new Updates of cPanel & WHM version there has been the addition of an AutoSSL feature, this tool can be used to automatically provide Domain Validated SSL’s for domains on your WHM & cPanel servers. We will use Let’s Encrypt as an SSL provider on WHM based servers.
- The server should be running cPanel & WHM version 58.0.17, or higher.
- Command line and root level access via SSH will be necessary to follow this tutorial.
Enable Let’s Encrypt Auto SSL Provider
In order to install the Let’s Encrypt AutoSSL provider plugin you will simply log in to the server as the root user via SSH and execute the following command:
Running this command will add and install the necessary RPM files in order to support Let’s Encrypt as an AutoSSL provider. You will get the results similar to the following:
Enable Domains With AutoSSL
Once you log in to WHM for your server.
- Search for “Manage AutoSSL” .
- Click the “Manage AutoSSL” option from the list.
- Next select the AutoSSL provider you want to use, for this example we will choose cPanel . If you are interested in a faster process you can run the above steps but with Let’s Encrypt instead of cPanel , which completes in minutes rather than hours.
- Then hit “Save” at the bottom of the page.
- Select the “Manage Users” tab at near the top of the page.
- Select “Enable AutoSSL” to secure your domain(s) with AutoSSL.
- Click “Check (your domain)” for SSL’s on each domains
You have now successfully enabled and run AutoSSL for your selected domain.
NOTE : The process of receiving the SSL can take some time, from a few hours to two days.
Was this article helpful?
0 Out of 0 Marked As Helpfull
Have more questions? Please Contact Us